98 Navigator heater not putting out enough heat

JamesHinson

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 Navigator. Heater is putting out some heat, blower working, but heat is not warm enough. Radiator was replace within last 6 months and have replaced thermostat. Any suggestions?

Double check that the radiator and overflow tank are full with fluid.

Beyond that... it may be your heater control valve. I believe it is vacuum controlled. Not sure of location of the valve... but if you find it you can cycle the heater controls on the dash to see if it's working properly.

Double check that the radiator and overflow tank are full with fluid.

Beyond that... it may be your heater control valve. I believe it is vacuum controlled. Not sure of location of the valve... but if you find it you can cycle the heater controls on the dash to see if it's working properly.
Radiator and overflow full. I have some heat, just not enough. My thinking is to back flush the heater core, probably the most simple and inexpensive test to try.

I have a 98 Navigator. Heater is putting out some heat, blower working, but heat is not warm enough. Radiator was replace within last 6 months and have replaced thermostat. Any suggestions?
Had a similar issue with my LS, all I had to do is top of my coolant while the car was cold and that fixed the issue. I would start there but if that doesn't fix it there could be something wrong with your heat core.

Easy fix simply have a Ford dealer power flush & refill your coolant system. Changing the radiator will hardly make a dent. You need to have the entire system flushed clean. Scott

Easy fix simply have a Ford dealer power flush & refill your coolant system. Changing the radiator will hardly make a dent. You need to have the entire system flushed clean. Scott
Flush did not correct problem.

At this point the potential considerations that I can think of are:
Thermostat (even though replaced 2 months ago, new one could be bad and is inexpensive to try)
EATC (A/C heater climate control)
Water pump
Blend door (not sure if dash will have to come out)
Heater core (trying to avoid this because of having to have entire dash taken out)

Would really appreciate suggestions, thanks.

Members online

Back