98 Mark VIII wheel bearing/hub knuckle R&R

bhans40

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
On my Mark the bearing is seeping a little and I have been advised to swap it out. Also advised to change out as a unit....I understand I could press out the bearing but advised again it would be more cost effective to swap the units (cause I will do both sides)......All this being said I can't find a P/N for the whole unit, no problem for the bearings.....It was mentioned to me Dorman 698-412 and 698-413 will work.....My problem is these are for a 2006-2010 Mercury suv.....I would really appreciate ANY light you could shed on this.....If it's just seeping should it be swapped out or should I just monitor it?. ...............Bruce L. Hansen....... Senior Citizen......Alive by the Grace and Mercy of GOD

1710884978070.png

Dorman PN 698-412 & 3 are not for a Mark VIII. Kick whomever told you that in the shin or balls.

You need to specify what exactly you are talking about. Start with the year then front or rear. I gather it's the rear since the Dorman stuff you mentioned is for the rear of a couple SUV's. I'm not sure a rear bearing is something that shall "seep" but they do get a bit wonky when they go tho...

This is what the rear end of my Mark VIII looks like...

1710885419592.jpeg

The Hub and bearing are pressed together with the knuckle in the middle as a unit.

1710886108983.png

Hub listed on Partsgeek, don't see any on RA.

1710885692321.png

More better bearing on RA.

Redneck install version:

Buy new nuts and C-clips as well.

Last edited:
Thank you Frankencougie for the complete answer I needed. It was great you took the time to inform me about my problem.....Come to find out I saw this about 8-10 years ago so I'm going to go with the bearings.......Again thank you so much for your time.......Bruce L. Hansen......Senior Citizen......Alive by the Grace and Mercy of GOD

Members online

No members online now.
Back