98 Mark VIII LSC Stall

BinghamGuy53

New LVC Member
Reaction score
When slowing to make a left hand turn, the engine stalls. This doesn’t happen every time. A/C was on. Otherwise the engine idles and runs well. Ever heard of this ?

My thought on this is the VCRM has burnt out its slow speed fan relay circuit. The fans in these cars are directly tied to the AC line pressure rather than direct engine temps. The fans are supposed to come on at low speed and then move to high speed as required. I'v read this was a common problem with these cars to loose that slow speed end of the VCRM resulting in a heavy amp hit to an idling car and stalling it when the fan is called for. My 97 has stalled like 3 times over the past year especially in hot weather stopped, with foot on brake. I bought a junk yard VCRM for if it gets more troublesome but even then, that one may be shot. The other things that should be in good order is plugs and coils to keep the idle at its strongest burn.

Hello and thanks !
My tech found several leaks in the a/c lines, replaced them and the compressor. Your theory about line pressure seems to be right on the money, so far so good.

Members online

No members online now.
Back