98 Mark Viii Help

Drumlove521

LVC Member
Reaction score
What is up my beautiful lincoln people, I was just pulling into my driveway when Betty started misfiring something fierce, turned her off, swapped over tunes back to factory and now it took every bit of 5 minutes to even crank, and she's now misfiring bad. Do y'all think it might be the fuel pump? I just changed the plugs and coils about three months ago and went with premium accels and iridium plugs so it's probably a safe assumption it's not either of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What is up my beautiful lincoln people, I was just pulling into my driveway when Betty started misfiring something fierce, turned her off, swapped over tunes back to factory and now it took every bit of 5 minutes to even crank, and she's now misfiring bad. Do y'all think it might be the fuel pump? I just changed the plugs and coils about three months ago and went with premium accels and iridium plugs so it's probably a safe assumption it's not either of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I just had a similar problem with bad misfiring. I also tried new plugs and coils. Turned out to be leaking intake manifold gaskets (lower) . If you can, get someone to do a smoke test. Since I had it done, the car has never run better as I think it was a minor leak when I bought it 9 years ago and it just got worse over time. It was also leaking at the Throttle Body rubber housing for the intake tunnel.

Members online

Back