98 Mark Interior LEDs

bhans40

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've searched Super Bright Lights site and a couple of others but have not been able to find the LEDs for: Dome, map or the door courtesy lights. Super Bright and all the rest say that for the dome light it's a 194 bulb miniature wedge also for the door courtesy lights.....168,194,912,921 but pick any one number and it comes up 194.......Believe me when I tell you "THEY WON'T WORK" because the bulbs are wedge type. The bulbs I need are fuse looking bulbs with fuse looking ends to more or less snap in.....I looked at festoon bulbs,they have tapered ends.....ALL I wanted to do was put brighter lights in my car.....this has been a real hassle. Any one help me get the proper lights? My name is Bruce Hansen, Senior Citizen and I don't suffer fools:(

Last edited:
Festoon bulbs are fine, the tapered ends and very specific lengths are for fixtures that capture the ends, not slide into.

I have used the 42mm festoon bulbs in other similar to the door courtesy lights, I am not sure about any of the others you mention.

Bulb from door: 38.6mm on the ferrules, 42mm to the end of the wires. 9mm wide on the narrow part of the ferrule, 10.2mm on the part that the wire runs into:
25735724265_a1afbc99a9_b.jpg

25709666936_37a5af9c0c_b.jpg

25709670476_c95035fb49_b.jpg

narrowest part of the courtesy light fixture is 25mm:
25735707455_5cf0d189c1_b.jpg

42mm festoon bulb, I have so many different ones that are very similar I can't tell you which one this is, if it is warm white or not, or what you want, but it easily fits. The ferrule is only 8.xx mm but it snaps in tightly and doesn't move at all.
25109103063_5b811e3750_b.jpg

25614729072_b4cd8b751e_b.jpg

25105317234_d47a330b27_b.jpg

25109118033_c1ab9cb48a_b.jpg

I've got a set of some replacement LED dome lights, but they were much worse than stock incandescent bulbs in terms of brightness, so I suggest paying attention to the lumen output that stands for brightness when you purchase new bulbs.

I would like to thank you for helping me out now I know which bulbs will work. I'll get right after them......Buy them I mean........My name is Bruce Hansen and I'm a Senior Citizen who doesn't suffer fools:D

This is an update on the LED bulbs I purchased....... BANGSTER is right!!! I used all 42 mm festoon bulbs for the interior lights.......No trouble/no problem they ALL work. I misspoke when I said Superbrightlights could hook you up......they couldn't/can't. On their web site when you put in year and auto type etc it will give you nothing but wedge type bulbs. Those don't work period, not on the interior anyway. So when BANGSTER posted all the photos I knew I was going to be OK.......Then the only thing is was concerned with was how bright I wanted the interior...........And yes I did go on ebay and bought some some fine famse bamse bulbs made in..........CHINA!.......Thanks BANGSTER......Thanks My name is Bruce Hansen .......Senior citizen and I don't suffer fools :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back