98 mark 8 now has A/C

98lincmk7lsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't get it, i used to think my blend door was messed up, as is in my previous post, but just to make sure, i did the self-test and it came up with no errors......and after I did it, my a/c worked, and has continued to work since then. I haven't tried to see if I can get heat out of it, just cuz I don't wanna chance having it get stuck in the heating position again. weird, huh?

98lincmk7lsc said:
I don't get it, i used to think my blend door was messed up, as is in my previous post, but just to make sure, i did the self-test and it came up with no errors......and after I did it, my a/c worked, and has continued to work since then. I haven't tried to see if I can get heat out of it, just cuz I don't wanna chance having it get stuck in the heating position again. weird, huh?

Not really, the blend door won't throw a code, or at least it didn't with mine. Mine got stuck in the heat position and I kept adjusting it back and forth and finally got AC and I've never been able to get it back to heat.

mdnitedrftr said:
You should just yank the A/C out....its just added weight. ;D
I don't know how your summers are but I get many days over one hundred degrees. A/C is not an option, it's got to work!

Members online

Back