98 Mark 8 AC problems

wnapstead

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My 98 Mark 8 LSC has 90,000 miles. The AC was working fine when I bought it. I don't drive it much but sometimes the blower won't work, then the blower works but I can only get heat out of it, after its been working for a few minutes. I would appreciate any ideas from anyone.

Wnapstead

Sounds reasonable but what about the blower that works sometimes and sometimes not.

Usually a loose wire behind the glove box to the motor. I think there is a write up on that also.

I guess you have to remove the glove box to get to it. Is that a big ordeal or something simple? Once in there how do you identify the culprit, connection to the motor. I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to these things.

Thanks!

I did the blower motor repair thing, it doesn't seem to be that. I've checked all the fuses. A guy on ebay selling main control units for these(dash unit), says it's common for these to fail. He's got a used one for $137. This sure seems like a crap shoot to me. The last several times I've run it, the blower doesn't run. It almost seems to have given up completely. What would you suggest I try next?
Incidentally, when I dropped the glove box door, It didn't look like the picture in the tech article. Must be from an earlier unit.

Thanks again guys!

You could try a little "cleaner" on the contacts, (WD40 should work) you clould check them with an Ohm meter at the conector as well...
Seems like anybody selling anything on Ebay has a common faliure item

Members online

No members online now.
Back