98 lincoln town car touring edition suspension problems!

Kodax

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Good morning been a member since 2014 but I forgot my password so I haven't been on in a while.lol well I have a problem with my air bags my lincoln leans on the right side thought it was the airbags untill I lifted it and took a look and seen that the airbags are damn near brand new no holes. But the airbag itself was not sitting straight up ? It was leaning which is why the right rear is leaning. Has anyone ever heard of a air bag doing this? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance lvc community!

Sounds like you have a bad fill valve on your right side air spring, it should open to allow air in or out of the spring but normally is closed. If it is stuck open you will have that happen.

Fill valve for the airbags? Is it a fix for it ? Would really like to get my lincoln back riding good again.

Is the fill valve the solenoids? Sorry I'm a little car illiterate

My apologies, yes it they are called air bag solenoids. Solenoids are electric linear actuators, in this case opening a valve. If it opens when the compressor isn't running then the air bag goes down, if it opens when the air compressor is running they should begin to fill.

The solenoids are located on the top of the air bags. Personally I have been lucky on the two previous cars I never had any issues with them or the air springs ( knock on wood ).

There are three solenoids in the system, one on top of each air spring and one located inside the compressor itself.

Members online

No members online now.
Back