98 Lincoln Mark VIII For Sale

TheHersh13

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII 184k miles. Pearl White, grey leather interior.

Cobra Dual Exhaust (sounds amazing, real head turner). Also Has Chrome 17" Cobra Style Wheels.

Runs and Drives Great, just had brakes, air ride motor, upper ball joint and oil change done.

Tires are getting low, maybe 20% Life Left on them. Some wear on the front seats, small hole in drivers seat from prior owner. Cup holders are broken.

SRS Airbag Light is on, code 51. Other than that, no problems at all. Been my daily driver, but time to move on.

Located in Central PA, asking $3500 OBO. Need to Sell ASAP.

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

Decent car but I think 4k is a bit steep IMHO. Good luck with the sale.

I figured with the exhaust and wheels, it was a fair price, but It may be worth more to me than to someone else. I'm obviously new to the forum, so whats a more fair price to ask?

I figured with the exhaust and wheels, it was a fair price, but It may be worth more to me than to someone else. I'm obviously new to the forum, so whats a more fair price to ask?

Well, as a reference, I just got a 1998 lsc 121,000miles with all options (except for phone) clean as s*it with new tires,brakes,adrenelin compressor,front air struts,serviced blah blah blah for 4k so.........

You dropped the price 500 in like 2 hours? Lol

I prefer to think of it as a market adjustment lol. It was brought to my attention that my price was a little high, and not being an expert on these cars as I imagine others here are, I figured I would adjust it, maybe get some more interest and get the car sold.

Don't expect price drops every 2 hours lol.

Does the rear neon work? Has the blend door been fixed? Cup holder is broken an a PITA to fix let alone get the parts. These are some of the common problems with a gen 2 mark viii. Just a heads up:D

Does the rear neon work? Has the blend door been fixed? Cup holder is broken an a PITA to fix let alone get the parts. These are some of the common problems with a gen 2 mark viii. Just a heads up:D

Fortunately all the lights work. I've seen the cupholder and center consoles around, I just don't have the cash to give it the attention it deserves.

It would be free tomorrow :)

Take good pics put it up on craigslist.
Doubt you will get your asking price around here.
181k is high miles.. plus its in the rust belt.

Good luck

Good for me that It has no rust. I'm up on craigslist too. Figured someone here might want it for the right price. We'll see how it goes!

Why does this base have a LSC grill?

The person who had it before me did alot of things to change the appearance of the car. At first I thought it was an LSC, but according the VIN its not. My best guess is that he replaced the grill, like he did the exhaust, wheels and some other trim pieces.

Would Really Like to Have this Sold Before the Weekend.....Make me An Offer Guys. Got too many cars!

good luck selling the car... I've been trying to sell mine for the past few weeks, I have it up on ebay now and craigslist and so on, it seems if you arent giving them away nobody wants them, wtf? I priced dropped mine to 3K and still nothing, nobody wants to pay the money.

What you can try to do as a marketing ploy, is say it has a mustang Cobra engine in it.. that should really get you the sale! lol
If you really want to sell it tomorrow drop your price to $1800 and then you will attract people like flies to :q:q:q:q! thats all these cars seem to be worth anymore... :q:q:q:q!

good luck selling the car... I've been trying to sell mine for the past few weeks, I have it up on ebay now and craigslist and so on, it seems if you arent giving them away nobody wants them, wtf? I priced dropped mine to 3K and still nothing, nobody wants to pay the money.

What you can try to do as a marketing ploy, is say it has a mustang Cobra engine in it.. that should really get you the sale! lol
If you really want to sell it tomorrow drop your price to $1800 and then you will attract people like flies to :q:q:q:q! thats all these cars seem to be worth anymore... :q:q:q:q!

I appreciated the tip, never thought to market the engine! Its a shame to think they aren't worth more than 1800-2000. I hate to give a car away, but at the same time, its not helping me sitting. Good luck with your sale.

I was being sarcastic when I commented on the cobra mustang engine..anyway,

yeah I know what you mean, I would hate to think the same, I could use the cash right now too...

These cars just are not worth the money anymore. I paid $2,000 for mine when it had 82K miles on it and needed a blend door a year and a half ago. It had just had a freshly rebuilt transmission as well. Even with the mods in the sig and 87K miles I doubt I could get more than 3 grand for it.

I was being sarcastic when I commented on the cobra mustang engine..anyway,

yeah I know what you mean, I would hate to think the same, I could use the cash right now too...

Yeah it may not be the exact same as the Cobra, but I know until I owned one, I had no idea how powerful these cars were. I figure the average person looking as no idea either.

I am no longer taking it for granted that people know about these cars, I changed all my listings around to focus around the power. Maybe I can convert a rice burner to the dark side!

These cars just are not worth the money anymore. I paid $2,000 for mine when it had 82K miles on it and needed a blend door a year and a half ago. It had just had a freshly rebuilt transmission as well. Even with the mods in the sig and 87K miles I doubt I could get more than 3 grand for it.

Well Hopefully I can get a decent price for it. I've been suprised that no one even low balled me for an offer lol.

Hopefully the different in locales will help. If I dont' sell it soon, I may have to look at parting it out, seems thats where the money is. I just hate to part out a perfectly good running car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back