98 Lincoln Mark 8 is dying. Have quick question.

escacleo

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 Lincoln Mark 8. The damage is just to extensive to continue to fix. Though the motor and trans are fine.

What years Mustang can I choose from to swap the cobra engine into?

Never done an engine swap before. Was wondering if I just got a 98 mustang with a v6 in it if I could just drop the v8 and trans into it. How much work would need to be done to get it to fit?

Just put er in there..bada bing bada boom. That easy

All joking aside, not worth the headache if you don't have much mechanical ability..if you gotta ask "what year mustang will it work in" then you've got a lot of homework to do. How about just buying a 96-98 cobra and sell off your mark..or part it out.

I wont be doing it myself. I'll have a mechanic friend doing it with me. I'll be learning by helping. I'm a learn by doing person. Just don't want to buy a car for the swap only to find I need to rearrange the motor mounts or do extensive cutting/welding to get it in there. If it is a drop and go where the motor mounts are already lined up that is one thing.

The mark is too far gone to sell it. Back brakes are complete destroyed cables are severed. Calipers, rotors, pads all round need replacing. Body paint is sun burnt. Rusting from inside out from being left at an autobody shop outside for 2 years. Finding parts is a nightmare it is time for it to go.

The easiest would be to find a
4.6l sohc 2V mustang with a blown motor to swap it into.
So that narrows it to 96-04

Members online

Back