98 Conti troubleshooting questions

98hotrod

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I just got my first car a 1998 Lincoln Continental I take good care of her,and already have over 1000kms in just over a week.

So here are my questions:
1-passanger side floorboard is wet,like where the passanger legs are,i noticed while i was cleaning the itnerior (A/C works fine)

2-during braking the car pulls to the sides suddenly,so i have to correct it,sometimes she pulls to the left,than right right after and than its fine,or other way around,and i have bleed the brakes already

3- car pulls to the right if i relax to much and don't grip the steering wheel as hard, it is a bit of,and the steering wheel goes to the middle like it should be and the car goes left. (could it be just alignment,or is it power steering pulling the steering wheel to the middle?)

4-when hitting potholes etc, the right front tire gives off vibration through the steering wheel and sometimes gas pedal, im thinking its a tie rod but not sure.

5- does any body know where i can order some rocker panles,could be aftermarket or from another car that could fit,mine are shoot badly.(Canadian salt)

I was expecting to get like an accord or 626 but ended up with this beast and i could not be happier everyone loves her!!! and compliments me. Gas milage is amazing for the size/power, JBL sound (stolen cd changer tho:mad: ) only did a alternator belt change 55$,and need to also get a key fob for the alarm. She is at 257 8xx and i got her for 1100 cad,just a steal!!! with so many electronic options....you guys know :cool: :cool: :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back