98 CONTI Runs but trasmission won't engage

ZATE

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello Lincoln fans, I always read your site and finally and get great ideas and suggestions from your forum now i decided to become a member so i can share some of my findings. Today I NEED HELP:confused: : I have a 1998 Lincoln Continental (102K) the car runs strong and no funny noises, last week as i was driving the car started to decrease accelaration and i pulled over..Since the car starts no problems and runs fine THE PROBLEM is when i :q:q:q:q to Drive or Reverse The car does not respond, its like the car is on neutral: I had someone look into to it and no trouble codes, Unpluged the battery nothing..Anyone with any ideas whats going on YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED:)

Hello Lincoln fans, I always read your site and finally and get great ideas and suggestions from your forum now i decided to become a member so i can share some of my findings.

Right. You're so full of it, it's seeping out of my screen. You signed up because you couldn't post your question, otherwise.

Today I NEED HELP:confused: : I have a 1998 Lincoln Continental (102K) the car runs strong and no funny noises, last week as i was driving the car started to decrease accelaration and i pulled over..Since the car starts no problems and runs fine THE PROBLEM is when i :q:q:q:q to Drive or Reverse The car does not respond, its like the car is on neutral: I had someone look into to it and no trouble codes, Unpluged the battery nothing..Anyone with any ideas whats going on YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED:)

Tranny fluid level.

Thank you for you reply, I did Check the tranny fliud and that was ok with a clear cranberry color...Any other suggestions. In the past i had a similar problem where the car would start and as soon as you shift and would shut off- (I needed a new battery for that) when i replaced the batt everythign went back to normal. Dealer said bad tranny.

Members online

Back