98 Conti Progress thread

MarkVIIIS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I figured I never see anything cool being done in this section so I would start a progress thread I bought this 1998 lincoln continental off of my uncle over the summer for $2500. It has 90k on it I've put about $300 in maintenance into it and since then I've added my sub, kenwood navi, hids, swap my marks tires and rims on the front still have to swap the rims back, cold air intake(needs a tune though), and that's about it so far.

Here's some pics

image-3781378246.jpg

image-2052767030.jpg

image-3818822295.jpg

image-1018507900.jpg

image-3374297812.jpg

image-456218739.jpg

image-123768767.jpg

image-3096966509.jpg

Future plans:

Sct tuner (fix lean issues)
Tint windows
Plasti dip dark gray (I'm gonna delete some of the chrome when I do this)
Some exhaust work
That's it for no

Totally jealous of the color, I'd love to have a dark green like that.

These conti's also have massive trunks, sure can fit some audio equipment back there :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah I like the color too I used to have an identical one when I was in high school but the paints starting to fade so I'm gonna be plasti dipping the whole thing soon no money to paint it and I got that stuff sitting in my garage, was supposed to be for my mark viii but that's not on the road right now.

Finally - a pic of the octastar on a Continental!

I wish they kept using the black interior. One day I hope to be able to get the carpet from a black car - I think it would really make my tan interior pop. All the tan cars are doing it today.

And finally, I've also been thinking about taking the Lincoln and Continental off the tail lights for a cleaner look. Your pics give me a lot to consider!

you guys are going to be mad at me when I Placid up over that ice cream no cause my paints fading. I'm going to paint it dark gray and I'm going to paint the chrome trim around the grill and I want to do the grill flat black im gonna paint the chrome trim around the license plate Dark gray also

Nice car, Picked one up a few months ago (2000 Model) with only 41k miles. I tinted the windows and would love to change the exhaust but it is my wife’s and she wants to keep it stock….. No Sound :(

I drive a 2000 Grand Marquis, duel exhaust, performance mufflers, and 355 gears (Still slow but sounds better :cool: ) I bought it about 2 years ago with 54k miles, currently has 82k.

Both are great riding, large cars with decent gas mileage and Paid For :)

Look forward to seeing what you do to yours…..

2014   I phone 21 Feb 2014 029.jpg2014 I Phone March 16th 018.jpg2014 I Phone March 16th 063.jpg243.jpg247.jpg

2014   I phone 21 Feb 2014 029.jpg

2014 I Phone March 16th 018.jpg

2014 I Phone March 16th 063.jpg

243.jpg

247.jpg

There rims that came on Mark VIII's, there the rims I have on the front of my car.

I wish the HPP wheels from the Grand Marquis had the same bolt pattern. That design has always been the perfect blend of sport & luxury -- and I have 8 of them already :D

My factory wheels are showroom quality so I don't need new wheels but it's always fun to look. I refuse to drop real money on wheels anymore. I've spend thousands for a set in the past and I refuse to do it on this car. In fact, I don't want larger wheels either -- maybe 17s but that's it. Another joy of 16-inch wheels is cheap tires -- mine were $80 each and are a really nice tire.

The Tire Rack sells a brand called Sport Edition that is a nice wheel for its price. Some of them look like they really could have been a factory option. Ya gota admit this one looks good at barely $95 a wheel:

sportedition.jpg

sportedition.jpg

They look good but I would never spend the extra money for 16 inch rims to be left wanting more

Finally plasti dipped it, only problem is my gun got wicked clogged and wouldn't spray anymore tried some paint thinner through it made it spray for a minute then it stopped again so I decided I'd finish it another day gonna have to take it apart and clean it real good. It was coming out real good too I still need another 2 coat of gray and then 2 coat of the gloss, also gonna retint the taillights and plasti dip the rims black.

image-248021391.jpg

image-6704864.jpg

image-1042281063.jpg

image-1943241245.jpg

image-995844607.jpg

Members online

Back