'97 Windshield Compatibility

Tarzan57

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello – new member on this forum. I’m looking into purchasing a ’97 MK VIII LSC. The windshield is cracked and I’m trying to locate one. I’ve been calling windshield shops, and everyone says there is nothing available in western Canada, and possibly all of Canada and the US.

So, expanding the search, I’m trying to determine what will fit. I’ve been searching this forum for a while and found this thread.

Windshield replacement. What windshields are Interchangable

This thread indicates that either: Any Lincoln MK VIII windshield from 93-98 will work. Or, 97 and 98 are different from 93-96 based on the part numbers posted by one member. Since it’s been 11 years since this post, does anyone have updated info on whether a windshield from 93-96 will work in a 97/98 Lincoln? (and by reference to the part numbers – a 94-97 T-Bird windshield would also work)

Thanks very much!

Your best bet would be to go to Car-Part.com

It is a national Salvage yard search engine.

Salvage yards all across the country list used parts that they have in stock.

On the website you can search by make, model and part... and by location and distance (city & zip code).

Always best to call and verify in stock and correct part.

Thanks very much for the reply. I did check that out as well. It seems to confirm the part numbers in the older thread, in that only '97 and '98 Mark VIIIs come up as a match. If you search car-part for a '96 windshield, you get all the '93 to '96 Lincolns as well as the '94 to '97 T-Birds/Cougars. I'm just wondering if the differences are minor, such that it's not technically a match, but close enough. One of the windshield shops I called said he could get a windshield that would be "close" but may work. Since windshields generally fit or they don't - I asked what he meant by "close" and how that could still work. He said "The VIN cutout might be in the wrong spot." If that's the only difference between the part numbers, I could probably live with that :).

If anyone has tried an older Mark VIII windshield on a 97/98, I'd be curious to know how that went. If not, I may be the first to try :).

Members online

Back