97 power seat problem

cadillackman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a buddys 97 LSC that had a ball joint failure & ripped the wheel speed sensor out. I noticed that his seats won't move at all. However, the easy entry is on & when you remove the keys from the ignition, the drivers seat will move for just a second. Anyone ever had this issue? If someone could point me in the right direction as to what to check I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm working on a buddys 97 LSC that had a ball joint failure & ripped the wheel speed sensor out. I noticed that his seats won't move at all. However, the easy entry is on & when you remove the keys from the ignition, the drivers seat will move for just a second. Anyone ever had this issue? If someone could point me in the right direction as to what to check I'd greatly appreciate it.

Lubricate the tracks with some WD40, and back off the bolts a bit. They may be over torqued.

That's the first thing I checked. I'm pretty sure it's an electrical issue because nothing works. Are there any relays that could be toast? All of his fuses are good.

My seat motors are weak, they will move the seat but you cannot be sitting on it...lol
have you tried getting off the seat while moving it? I also noticed that its position sensitive... in other words if you can move it up a bit more then the forward will work, then down a bit then the front up will work, weird but i got it where I like it and turned the easy entry OFF!
same thing with the steering column, move it in a bit then the up and down worked, got it where i wanted it and turned the easy entry OFF!
Turn off the auto glide feature too!

There is a writeup on that other site we love to hate from someone who rebuilt his motors and gave step by step instructions with pics.

Yes, the motor rebuild part is the same on a Gen 2. The module is different though.

I tried that on a gen 2, but it wasn't the motors that time, it was a bad module.

I'd post that seat write up here, but I can't figure out how to put text between the attached photos.:(

I bet it's that module, assuming that it controls everything. Thanks for the link & the info guys. I'll try swapping mine out on his to see if that does the trick since my carpet is begging to be cleaned anyway.

Yes, the motor rebuild part is the same on a Gen 2. The module is different though.

I tried that on a gen 2, but it wasn't the motors that time, it was a bad module.

I'd post that seat write up here, but I can't figure out how to put text between the attached photos.:(

Do it in Word and submit it to Mespock for posting in the tech section. Info like this needs to be saved.

Members online

No members online now.
Back