97 Mark VIII Won't Start

• Thread starter Deleted member 20330
  • Start date
I purchased a new Remy starter with solenoid.

Because of a manufacturing defect, there is a Ford update notice from Remy that states the existing ignition wire should be cut, stripped, clamped and heat shrinked to a new wire on the solenoid.

Has anyone done this ?

Did Marquis de Sade have a hand in the placement of the top starter bolt ?

After 3 weeks, multiple socket extensions and universal joints, I've yet to remove the top bolt.

I'm pretty sure that's the bolt people just drill a hole through the frame in order to make it not such a hellish nightmare to remove.

Does it have a spade tip connector like the 92-95 Crown Vics, or an eyelet on a bolt like the 96+? The spade tip connector was known to have lots of issues, rusting, not having good enough contact to reliably start, etc.

http://www.idmsvcs.com/2vmod/starter/solenoidspadeterminal/dixieelectric.html

I think it has the spade tip, and many starters will come with the solenoid with the bolt, and sometimes come with a pigtail to go to the female spade tip in the wire to the solenoid.

i don't remember having that bad of a time with the third "courtesy" starter bolt. it sucked, but not bad enough that i contemplated drilling a hole anywhere..

they call it a courtesy bolt because you do the next person a courtesy by leaving it out! lol.

Members online

No members online now.
Back