97 Mark VIII fuel pump

drobs5

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So the next maintenance/upgrade item on my list of things to do to my 97 Mark VIII is the fuel pump. What is the preferred fuel pump to be installed these days? I've seen threads about the green focus pump being a good replacement with some added performance but haven't a clue where to buy one from. Is this still the pump to be used? If so, what year focus did it come in and where can it be purchased from?

That's pricey! I thought I remember reading somewhere about a pump you could purchase from one of the parts stores that was essentially the same pump but re-branded. Can't seem to find that now. Did find a thread where I already asked this question though .....

<--- idiot

Gen 1 pumps are quite a bit cheaper but they are not compatible with Gen 2 as the way the fuel system functions was changed for 97-98.

^that is the re-branded walbro pump right? but my 97 needs a pump compatible with the adjustable voltage from the ecu, not the walbro

I have a bosch Fuel pump and regulator that I bought for 300 so that's more or less how much it costs. Note the 300 dollars was for both the pump and regulator assembly.

Airtex E2448 is $44.79 @ RockAuto...it's for the Focus which their fuel pumps are controlled via FPDM and rated max 284lph...Original Walboro

Members online

Back