For Sale 97 MARK VIII (base)

ONLYTONY

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
97 Mark VIII (base) to be sold. Low milage, 115K, has Collector Edition seats, cordovan/ tan. 100% turn-key. Everything works like it should, front end, air ride, blend door, even the cup holder, single CD player. I bought this car from Bruce (dbleb88), for my wife's DD, while I re-did her 95. I have a clean car fax, and current emission paperwork. Just painted the front bumper, and grille surround. I always use 93 gas, and mobile I full syn. No leaks. Looking for interest, and offers. I have $4935.22 invested. Just a good reliable car, and very good looking. 97 FS.jpg97 FS 2.jpg97 FS 5.jpg97 FS 6.jpg97 ft bum 4.jpg

97 ft bum 4.jpg

97 FS.jpg

97 FS 2.jpg

97 FS 5.jpg

97 FS 6.jpg

WOW, 2000 hits, and not a word. $$$ is what I have invested. I'm going to ask $4000. Went for gas, 80 miles, and got 26 mpg. Always open to offers. I hate to but next on the block is one of my CE's.

Well, for what it's worth, that's a gorgeous car, and well worth 4k in my opinion. Hell, I'd buy it myself if I had the money. I see cars with similar mileage on eBay and whatnot for the same if not more money quite regularly, and they're completely shot. This one obviously is not. Good luck with the sale, anyway. I'm only sad it can't be mine, lol.

Thanks for the kind words. I've learned, when you get a MK VIII, with around 100K miles, be prepaired to invest some $$$, unless somebody already has. I put $2k into this car, and I know it's up to my standards. That Markaholic bug bit me real good, and I now have 5 of them. Going to get it down to 3. Good news, I just found storage that is climate controlled, alarmed, and sprinklered, for $75 per spot. Around here that's unheard of, and 4 miles from the house. Gotta make room for the snow.

Wow! That is thievery. I'm paying 50 per slot with no climate control, and nothing more than lock and key. And my unit is some ways from me as well, quite in the sticks. Where I actually live (city), 10x20s START around here at 85 a month, also the lock and key deal. Cold on your car as well. Lunacy.

Ah well, you know how people are, everyone wants something for nothing. My father went the same route with my '96, four new bags, all the usual front suspension parts, bushings in back, brakes, oil filter adapter gasket, etc. Maintenance items on these cars at about 100k as you said, and most people don't realize it. If you put in the work, then the car is worth more, and if a prospective buyer doesn't want to pay 4k for yours then they can feel free to pay 4k for some pig in a poke fleabay model, with black front seats and gray rears and crap like that. Anyway, I've rambled, because honestly, this irritates me too, but again, I wish the best. Hopefully, should you find a worthwhile buyer, it will be on here, where people know what's what and how hard some of this work is to do, and what our time is worth to fix them.

I don't mind putting the work and $$$ to make a car as good as it can get. I get Bruce (dbleb88), to do any HD work, and I do the rest. I keep them orginal,no big tires, and hot rod stuff. I just enjoy driving them. Ole Bruce is going to do some work on one of my CE's in the spring. He's re-tiring and going to be doing MK VIII's full time. If you ever need parts, work done, or knowledge, he's right down from you in NH. Matter of fact, he sold me the 97.

PRICE still $4000. Today I have to go and re-up the insurance, It's not that bad, only for 3 of them, and the house. Looks like hot dogs and beans for awhile.

97 mark viii (base) to be sold. Low milage, 115k, has collector edition seats, cordovan/ tan. 100% turn-key. Everything works like it should, front end, air ride, blend door, even the cup holder, single cd player. I bought this car from bruce (dbleb88), for my wife's dd, while i re-did her 95. I have a clean car fax, and current emission paperwork. Just painted the front bumper, and grille surround. I always use 93 gas, and mobile i full syn. No leaks. Looking for interest, and offers. I have $4935.22 invested. Just a good reliable car, and very good looking. View attachment 828469624View attachment 828469625View attachment 828469626View attachment 828469627View attachment 828469623

still for sale

Thanks Kind of happy it didn't sell. My wife had it for a week while I finished her 95. Of course I'll consider offers, or do some measuring, and see if it'll work as a good milage pick up,with air ride to hold the weight. Hope it'll take a 4X8, with the trunk intack.

Members online

Back