97 LSC Opal Opalescent with side skirts

TenEighty

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Bryan and this is my new-to-me 97 Mark VIII LSC with 121k mi. When the car was nearly new, the side skirts/spoiler were installed, and the previous owner installed the rims with the Falken Ziex tires. This is my second Mark VIII, my first was a completely abused 93 that didn't last very long. This car has never seen winter, and she is pretty damn quick for being stock.

My 97 extremely clean, but it isn't without its faults. I need to fix my rear swaybar with an Addco, JBL amp is toasted, rear neon is out, no telescope on the steering wheel, all fluids need changing, and I have an exhaust leak somewhere. Once the kinks are ironed out, my future plans are for SCT, 4.10s, JMOD, Cobra intake, and full exhaust. This of course will be done over time as my money and patience dictates.

I will be here to learn and I plan on doing a ton of reading.

Here are some wonderful cell phone pics that hardly do the car justice:
0bef1bdb-9c14-47f1-a9f5-c4af69236b43.jpg

IMG_20130714_185734_670.jpg

IMG_20130714_185806_593.jpg

IMG_20130714_185719_590.jpg

Thanks for reading!

i always kind of liked that ground effects kit on the 2nd gens.

looks like a nice car too.

That is were that thing went, saw it on C/L.
Welcome to the club, I will have to keep my eyes open for that car.
I hit Apple Valley often.

Thanks guys! Side skirts really arent my thing, but, I agree, these look good on a 2nd gen.

Farmington eh? I grew up in Lakeville. The inlaws live in Farmtown and I need to get to the Farmington Steakhouse, haven't had the $7 sirloin special in a while lol.

Thanks guys! Side skirts really arent my thing, but, I agree, these look good on a 2nd gen.

Farmington eh? I grew up in Lakeville. The inlaws live in Farmtown and I need to get to the Farmington Steakhouse, haven't had the $7 sirloin special in a while lol.

We moved from Lakeville, built new on the north end of Farmtown, off the roundabout on Chippendale.
Every time I go the the new goverment center I feel like I'm in the Andy Griffith Show.

Not too far from me as well, welcome to LVC!!

Every once and a while a bunch of us mark guys get together but not too often.

Thanks, I just drove it to work today, and it reminded me why I just love these cars.

I would definitely like to meet up sometime, and check out some of the local Lincolns.

I will be cleaning up the Mark tomorrow, and I will get some good pictures with my newly found digital camera (that was missing for a year.) After that, I'm taking it over to my buddies house to go under the knife and see exactly what I got myself into. Time to locate the exhaust leak, potential power steering leak, and any other issues I don't know about. After that, I will begin to stockpile parts over the winter to install this spring, and then it will be time for the go-fast goodies.

My 97 is going under the knife, should be back on the road by spring.

Power steering leak, check the high pressure hose, it gets the crap kicked out of it when changing oil filters.

How much rust does your car have?

My 97 is going under the knife, should be back on the road by spring.

Power steering leak, check the high pressure hose, it gets the crap kicked out of it when changing oil filters.

How much rust does your car have?

The only thing that has rust on it is the oilpan. It has never been driven in the winter, and thats the main reason I bought it. There are some paint issues on the side skirts, but that will be taken care of wayy down the road, if at all. I just read about the insulation on the front fenderwell that traps water and can rust, I will be checking that for sure before it goes into storage.

I couldn't find my exhaust leak, but thats no big deal.

I took some new pictures yesterday:
013-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

007.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back