97 Lincoln sits high in the rear

Linc97

LVC Member
Reaction score
I dont understand why my continental sits high in the rear. The air bags are fine, the sway bar is secure. but the car sits about 5 inches above the tire and is throwing my headlights down so far that I cant see well at night. Is there an adjustment for this elevation and if so where is it?

I don't know it the ride hieght sensors are adjustable or not on these, maybe one went bad? Anyway I seen another conti the other day ridin high in the back. So it must be a normal problem. Does the rear drop when you shut the car off?

Never had that problem in my 97, but in our old 91 It used to sit high and all you had to do is slam the door and it'd level out :p

rear height

I don't know it the ride hieght sensors are adjustable or not on these, maybe one went bad? Anyway I seen another conti the other day ridin high in the back. So it must be a normal problem. Does the rear drop when you shut the car off?

This 97 conti stays high in the rear as the air bags are still functioning normally. I dont notice any driving problems except for the headlights pointing down. I was hoping there was a ride adjustment setting somewhere.

I noticed a crack in the plastic on one of my rear height sensors and I only have half your milage I'm just waiting for moisture to find its way to bare metal in there. I would say its pretty likely there may just be a bad sensor I don't know if there are just the ones by the wheels or if there are any in the center as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back