97 Lincoln Continental wont start

itsjust1redd

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Car wont start when the weather's cold , but will start once the weather warms up as the day goes along . What could the the problem be?:confused:

need more info, what exactly does it do? Does it even try to turn over? Is it slow when trying to turn it over? What kind of maintenance is done on it? Two things I can think of is the IAC and possibly the battery. The reason I think its the battery is because when the weather warms up its easier to turn a motor over cause the oil is warmed up and it requires less power. Just a guess though, still need more info :D

it feels like it's stalling , but it will start once weather warms up , also the service engine light is on due for a tune up

I had sort of the same problem with mine, and I jumped to conclusions that it was either the starter or battery.

However, when I took it to the shop and they tested it, they found I had a problem with one of my ignition coils and it would make the car very hard to start in the cold but pretty easy to start once it got a little warmer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back