97 Eldorado

lazer

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi
What would the differances be between a loaded 95 Eldorado Touring Coupe and a loaded 97 Eldorado.Will the engines be the same power wise, and does the " Touring " relate only to ride performance & quality.

Thanks Alan

the gauges in the base 97 was upgraded to earliet 96 ETC. the touring coupes always had upgraded suspensions and antilock control. Minor outside grill changes...overall pretty much the same car the whole cycle between 92-02. Too bad they killed this car, have had 2.

The ETC has 25 more hp, I'm pretty sure the cams are different. Also the ETC has a different final drive gear ratio. In my wifes 1999 dealer brochure it gave specs, the standard was 2:63 or something close and the ETC was 3:23 or so. What was interesting was the top speed they listed for each model. The ETC topped out at about 130 as opposed to 116 for the standard. All these numbers are from memory but they are reasonably close. I think the the engine management computors are programed differently for the two. I'll look for that brochure and post the exact numbers if I can find it.

New owner of a 1994 Eldorado ETC White Diamond and Have Some Questions For YOU!

:dancefool :steering Hi Everyone! I'm the new guy on the block. I just purchased a 1994 Eldorado ETC. Curiously it doesn't have fog lights, but it has just about everything else Cadillac offered that year. Getting back to the Fog lights, I'm wondering why a ETC would be made without fog lights, and the only thing I can think of is that it was specifically ordered that way from the Factory. I was told by Caddy Mechanics that the VIN numbers really don't mean a lot, meaning the VIN's were not an exact science at the Factory and many times did not represent the correct model of car. Anyone who might have insight into this, I would enjoy hearing your feedback.
If you would like to see pictures of the car here is the Ebay Number:
I would love to get any and all feedback from you Eldo lovers.
I am flying to Detroit to pick of the Car and Drive it back to Washington State. Does anyone out there have any cool suggestions for me about Eldo clubs that I could visit along the way? Interesting places to go as I wind my way back to the west coast? Any cautions in regards to driving my eldo long distances? Any heads up as far as caring for the eldo? I'm not very computer savy, so if one of you kind people could coach me on how to download pictures onto my emails here I would deeply appreciate it. I hope I posted this email correctly, if not please let me know.
I hope to make many new friends on this site, and hopefully meet many of you at shows etc..
Thanks in advance for your suggestions, feedback and interest.

Coupe De Phil

:dancefool

the only reason..

that the standard eldorado tops out at 116, is a speed limit set in the computer.
you remove it and it too will do 135-140mph.

Members online

No members online now.
Back