97 Deville Keyfob Programming

KevinNKentucky

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, Just programmed new keyfob for 97 deville and it works fine. Wondering how to make the horn blown when locked..lights flash and different options you can choose. Mainly how to make the horn blow when locked. Hope it is as easy to program as the keyfob was for me.
PLEASE HELP with link info or instructions

usually when you reprogram a remote, the options you stated, such as the horn and flashing lights, are presets of the car, not the remote. I had to reprogram my remote, and the lights and horn settings stayed the same. it might be one of the options in the digital dash if your car is so equipped. just push buttons on the dash and you'll probably get it sooner or later. at least thats how i fix a lot of stuff

I found the button to pull up setting for remote option BUT....

caddyshack17901 said:
usually when you reprogram a remote, the options you stated, such as the horn and flashing lights, are presets of the car, not the remote. I had to reprogram my remote, and the lights and horn settings stayed the same. it might be one of the options in the digital dash if your car is so equipped. just push buttons on the dash and you'll probably get it sooner or later. at least thats how i fix a lot of stuff

I found that but it doesnt have an option about horn sounding on lock-up with remote.
Cant figure that out.
I would think it would be in the same as locking car on drive and unlocking the doors on park setting on the digital dash.
Help if you know where the horn option setting is for the remote sounding on lockup for 97 deville.
Thanks

I work at Avis, and the 2005 DeVilles that we have there don't beep on locking, and i couldn't find a way to make it do so. maybe it is a Cadillac feature to have the horn not beep when locked. Perhaps there is a submenu in the menus you found? I don't own a DeVille, but could go find one and mess with it if you really want the horn to beep (I have too much free time).

Would Love You Too! :)

caddyshack17901 said:
I work at Avis, and the 2005 DeVilles that we have there don't beep on locking, and i couldn't find a way to make it do so. maybe it is a Cadillac feature to have the horn not beep when locked. Perhaps there is a submenu in the menus you found? I don't own a DeVille, but could go find one and mess with it if you really want the horn to beep (I have too much free time).

I REALLY WANT MY CARS HORN TO BLOW WHEN LOCKED.
I GET TIERED OF HAVING TO LOOK BACK AT MY CAR EVERYTIME TO SEE THE LIGHTS FLASH ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS BRIGHT AND SUNNY OUTSIDE.
PRACTICALLY HAVE TO TURN AROUND AND GO BACK UP TO THE CAR AND LOOK TO BE SURE ITS LOCKED.
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU~~~~~~ :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back