97 and 98 ABS block different. WTB 98 ABS block

Dave 88 LSC

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I got a ABS distribution block of a 97 parts car and its not the same as my 98 one. ABS pump is different and has a different connector. Also the aluminum block is made for a 98 pump only. Part numbers of the block are not the same either. What rotten luck.

Should I use the 97 block and pump and just splice the cables into the original plug? I dont want to ruin the factory abs pump harness.

Anyone have a 98 part for sale? Help

So I got a ABS distribution block of a 97 parts car and its not the same as my 98 one. ABS pump is different and has a different connector. Also the aluminum block is made for a 98 pump only. Part numbers of the block are not the same either. What rotten luck.

Should I use the 97 block and pump and just splice the cables into the original plug? I dont want to ruin the factory abs pump harness.

Anyone have a 98 part for sale? Help

I have a 98 I use for parts. I can pull the block off of that, though I have no idea what it looks like, and exchange it with your 97 (my car is a 97).

If that works for you, and you send me some pics of what you need, maybe we can make it happen.

This is the part I need. I need only the aluminum block. If the pump comes with it thats fine too.

I have a 97 block and pump only. No brain.

PM with info.

Thank you so much!

photo.jpg

dave i forgot to suggest that you get a tubing wrench to help takeing the lines off.it will grip the nuts better and not round off the sholders.

I did get brake line wrench for this and it worked great except one. It was killing me. I finally got it off with vise-grip .

Turns out I had this almost completely off the car!

And, good news for you, the only brake line that I could break free was the one holding it onto the car (you will have some work ahead of you to get this prepped to go onto your car however) ;).

Ok, I'll send the block up to you, but be forewarned it came off a high mileage VIII. So, put it on yours, and if it works, send me the 97. If it has any issues at all, just keep the 97 and we'll call it even. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back