97-98 Eldorado Touring

badbolr

LVC Member
Reaction score
Thinking of selling one of my Mk VIIIs for a 97-98 Eldorado w/say 50-75k miles. Wondering if you can give me the scoop on these vehicles. I just bought my wife a 98 Seville, and that seems cool so far. The Mark is infamous for what too look for when buying one. Any similar pitfalls I should know about regarding the Eldorado? Engine or tranny problems, frequent breakdown of a part, notorious fluid leaks, etc?

Thanks

Eldorado Heaven

badbolr said:
Thinking of selling one of my Mk VIIIs for a 97-98 Eldorado w/say 50-75k miles. Wondering if you can give me the scoop on these vehicles. I just bought my wife a 98 Seville, and that seems cool so far. The Mark is infamous for what too look for when buying one. Any similar pitfalls I should know about regarding the Eldorado? Engine or tranny problems, frequent breakdown of a part, notorious fluid leaks, etc?

Thanks
:waving:I've recently purchased my '98 after a lot of researching and these baby's supposedly have one of the longest lasting transmissions so I wouldn't worry about that if you're purchasing one with only 50-75k miles. Mine has over 100k and she's still rockin'! I can tell that the previous owners didn't take care of her becaue it looked like nothing was ever changed - that stinks! People need to understand that a car is an investment not just something you buy, use & throw away! For heavens sake! Take care of your car & it'll take care of you! One problem I have is that unless I actually go to a caddy dealer to get my oil changed nobody else seems to know how to get my 'Change Oil' light off on my dash - If anyone knows how to do this please let me know - thanks! Good luck on your Caddy shopping - Eldorado's are the best :C

badbolr said:

Thanks

97+ Eldos are extremely reliable and have no *major* problems, assuming you buy one that has been taken care of reasonably.

There must be about 10 Sevilles for every 1 Eldo that goes into the shop.

hey Badbolr...

I see that you are in southern california..
I just bought a 97 eldorado at a dealer down by miramar, san diego.

it is a really nice used car dealer..
the guy i used, chris, I think can look around for what you want at an auction.
i got a pretty good deal on mine.
mine is a 97 eldo w/ 69,000 miles, black in color.. i paid 8500.00

The name of the company is Flamingo Car Group
chris smith's phone number is: 619-855-1798

tell him you were referred by Kevin Rea and that you are looking for a really good deal.

kevin

caddy.jpg

Eldos a great car but do you really want to part with that MarkVIII, both would look very nice in your stall.

i just sold my 97 eldorado... it had 80k on it and i loved it.. the only reason i sold it was i bought a chevy suburban, so i had to part with one of my 2 cadillacs...there was nothign wrong with it, i had it for 3 years and i never had any problems with it.. the only thing i didn't like was the lack of foot room in the back seat, but you knwo what? i wasn't sittin back there, so who cares.. but everything else was awesome.. i just wish i didn't sell that for a big suburban(i didn't realize how much gas the truck uses haha)

Sorry to hear that. What kind of caddy is the other car/truck?

my other cadillac is a 94 sls... it georgous, its contillion white with a gold pin stripe, vogue tires, and it a sun coast edition(palm trees around the gold cadillac symbol on the side behind the rear windows) it only has 60 k on it..

Great Dealers lost in action

Kevin where were you honey when I was looking for my car? I could have really used a good referral like that! I didn't get nearly the awesome deal that you did and I've had to pay some serious cash on repairs for that retarded move since then! Don't get me wrong - I still love my car more than my own life (well practically) but it sure would have been sweet to get one with less mileage and maybe a car that had actually been owned by someone who cared about this beautiful machine! Another problem these days is that people lease cars too often and while they have these leased cars they don't care about the car at all because they figure as soon as something better comes along they'll just trade it in on a newbie and screw the 'old' car! Well while they are being careless they aren't thinking about other people (like myself) who care about the cars we have and how we take pride in it's appearence as well as the way it runs but what can we do when people are constantly running shopping carts into my car or slamming their car doors into it?? Ugh! I try to stay away from everyone & don't park in diagonal parking spaces & it does me no good. Sorry for venting :Bang I just wish people would wake up & get out of their own little private worlds once in awhile & realize that not everyone wants to dump their car every year - not to mention I can't afford it either :) Yhea I know you were thinking that but believe me I make over $150,000 a year and with living out here it's still not enough! Thanks for listening - what do you think about other drivers dissing your car?

I picked my 97 ETC Eldo at Baierl Cadillac in Pittsburgh PA for 8,990. It had 71k on it complete with every option (Bose, Chrome Wheels, Heated Seats, Z Tire Package, Sunroof, Tinted Windows, Magnasteer, Stabilitrak, Fog Lights, Pin Stripe etc...) the only things it doesnt have is an ugly carrage top or onstar.

I picked my 96 Purple Pearl ESC up with 38k on it for about $7,000. Mostly all options and that extra gold pin stripe detail to go along with the vogue tires. It still smelled new and would'nt you know that same week three door dings, two on passenger's side & one on driver's side. I was pissed. Some people should be more careful with their vehicles not to mention yours.

if i picked up a newer eldo, which i will some day, to replace my 90 eldos, it would be a 97+ ETC

Ive done my research and you dont really want to spend the money on a pre- 97

I like Cadillacs and there are alot of good Eldorado's out there tha are pre-97!!

Hey badbolr,good choice.One of my three Cadillacs is a 2002 ETC.My other two are a 1990 Coupe Deville and a 2003 CTS.I gotta say I like the Eldorado the most out of the three.The Northstar is powerful,they ride so nice,there very comfortable.The car almost drives its self.I have had mine for 2 years and I haven't had a problem.Nothing but happiness.Its the best car I own.Not to mention,here faster than the Marks.The amazing looks in my opinion blow away the Marks also.And on top of all,its a Cadillac.

CaDreamr,to get rid of the oil light,flip through your information center until you get to the change oil part thats still comming up or the oil percentage that still shows its low.Press and hold the reset button.It should take it back to normal.

Kevinrea,I've seen you over in automotiveforums.Im HandOfDoom over there.Glad to see you bought that Eldorado.Kick ass ride man.

Thought I'd point out I'm looking at a 99 Eldorado ETC right now. This was a very informative thread. Any ideas on the Gas Mileage on the ETCs?

I get 28 cruising on the highway at 75.Through town it drops to about 21-22.

Members online

No members online now.
Back