96 Mark VIII ...NO HEAT

squirell

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My 96 Mark is not blowing any heat at all..car runs fairly cool (between O and R on temp gauge in 90 degree plus weather).
Did the self test on HVAC unit and code came up "2"

After this operation I noticed fuse #6 was blown (keyless entry,courtesy lamps,dome lamp switch,memory seat,power mirrors)

(I don't know if the self test had anything to do with it or maybe just coincidence )

Anyway I checked all around the internet and Mark VIII sites and all that came up was blend door 97-98 mark.
I looked for all the fixes and took the dash apart and glove box down ,
but apparently 96 is totally different then 97-98 because nothing was the same as described and on you tube vids.

Any suggestions ?

bill boats

Try checking the anti freeze level to be certain its full up to snuff. Low level;can cause no heat inside the car. Rule this out then go on .

Last edited:
1, you're in the VII (7) section, probably by accident.

2, first gens still have a blend door, but it rarely breaks. so i don't know much about it.

3, its no heat at all and not coming out on the defroster right?

4, is it a southern car that someone bypassed the heater core on? i think you bought this car recently.

1, you're in the VII (7) section, probably by accident.

2, first gens still have a blend door, but it rarely breaks. so i don't know much about it.

3, its no heat at all and not coming out on the defroster right?

4, is it a southern car that someone bypassed the heater core on? i think you bought this car recently.

opps Thanks for letting me know...just reposted in Mark VIII

no heat at all ...even defrost

I'm sure heat wasn't bypassed , because I have had heat intermittently
and yes ...I got the car a couple of months ago...Thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back