'96 LSC Makeover

gordo309

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, fellow Mark'ed Men (and women,too!)! I'm an original owner of a '96 LSC, 55K, black-on-black which spent the last 8 years in storage due to life's interruptions and I pulled it out and washed it off, wiped it down, and darn if it still don't look showroom new! It even still has the "new" smell inside. Some of the plastic door trim & switches & dash trim has gone soft & gummy so I've got to replace it and I'm hunting around for it. I've decided to make a show-car of it, and I'm going to start detaching various pieces of interior & undercarriage and chrome/powdercoat finish as appropriate. What I'm really interested in doing is making the existing motor more like a cobra mill. What heads & where can I find them for upgrading the induction system to accomodate an Eaton 112 or similar blower, and will the lower block be able to handle the additional horses that will result? I'm aware of the obvious re-locating of the accessories, hood clearance & such as which will necessitate getting parts from a cobra mill. Bettter still, if I get an '03 cobra mill, does its block readily mate the 4R70W's housing & current engine mounts? If so, does it also fit the newer 4R70W from the '97/'98 Mark, which is a much better transmission and better suited to the substantial power input, and if yes to that curiosity, is there any electrical modification required to make it work with the '96's ECU, or would it be better to just have the existing transmission warmed over? Sorry for being so long-winded, but I'm in a sort of information "vacuum" and would really appreciate input from any of you who are knowlegeable on this. Thanks, and look forward to hearig from you.

Members online

Back