96 eldo convertable on ebay

Ah, one of my favs - a big butt Eldo - however, believe it or not, a lot of 94-99 era eldos were made into convertibles - not as rare as you might think

For having only 3200 on the dial it is sort of scuffed up - and that rip in the top wouldn't be cheap to fix.

No more than $20,000 - plus with the $500 (or more) + labor for the new top, and the paint fixes, that one by the fuel door - nasty - maybe less. The only thing it really has going for it is the mileage - there are ones in better shape, but with more miles for less out there.

And if you buy a convertible with black leather interior - I have only one thing to say - seat covers, or blistered thighs - your choice... ;)

Here is one in Arizona - '99 with 55k - $13,000 at a dealer (you know you can get it cheaper)
http://www.jbautoaz.com/detail-1999-cadillac-eldorado-touring-used-5169980.html

It looks different than the maroon car because they started to 'tuck' the cloth top behind the rear seats in the newer eldos (or at least the one I saw), so it doesn't have that big vinyl covered 'boot' sitting on top of the car when the top is down (none of those silly snaps). So, the top is constructed a lot differently, that is why it looks 'shortened', and why with the top down the car looks so much sleeker. I think it also keeps the trunk bigger - if I remember. Room for 2 bodies and a set of clubs.... ;)

Well, I think of it as the 'Caddy' standard of measurement - body count. I think in a '67 you could put a family of 4 in the trunk with room for 2 sets of clubs...

1967-cadillac-white.jpg

Mine, one body - and my clubs...

being 14 years old with that kind of mileage, you can guarantee yourself that once you start driving it, every seal and hose will fail before too long. then there's condensation in brake lines, fuel lines and the fuel tank from sitting. the vast majority of crazy low mileage older cars will have issues from not being driven. i'd avoid it and look for one that's at least been driven enough for a yearly oil change.

Members online

No members online now.
Back