96-98 Cobra Intake Cams

paul van

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Question, are any of you guys running the stock Cobra intake cams and did they make a noticeable differance in performance? I am doing the Cobra intake swap and now is the time for me to do this.

It will be a slight bump in performance. Honestly unless I was going all out, I wouldn't bother. Unless you have access to the the tools and got the cams cheap I would just do the intake.

10rwhp. The exhaust side of the Cobra cams is identical to the Mark 8 cams. Slightly better on the intake side.

Its always good to do if engine is out. Plus all cams should be degreed in. Stock or aftermarket to gain that every little bit. BTW if you have cobra intake cams and you want to sell let me know.

thanks guys that's what I've been looking for was the #s, and yes getting the cams degreed is what started me thinking about this thanks again, Paul

Not only rwhp. If they are degreed in, they will make much more torque on the lower end with no sacrifice to the top...

Not only rwhp. If they are degreed in, they will make much more torque on the lower end with no sacrifice to the top...

What he said...properly degreed and advanced you wont lose anything down low and you will pick up in the mid to upper rpms and if they are degreed they are worth more than 10rwhp, but it is alot of work.

-Alan

Members online

No members online now.
Back