95 tranny

95LSCmark

New LVC Member
Reaction score
New guy here. I've been lurking around for a while but just made a profile. I have a 1995 LSC mark viii with 133k miles on it. Black on black.
My question was, what transmissions will bolt in to my mark? Read on here that its best to get a 98 mark tranny but you have to swap out the electronics from the 95 tranny. Will they just swap over or does it require some modification? Thanks in advance!

New guy here. I've been lurking around for a while but just made a profile. I have a 1995 LSC mark viii with 133k miles on it. Black on black.
My question was, what transmissions will bolt in to my mark? Read on here that its best to get a 98 mark tranny but you have to swap out the electronics from the 95 tranny. Will they just swap over or does it require some modification? Thanks in advance!

Congrats on the LSC! I have a 1995 LSC, too!

You can use any 4R70W right up to 2004. If you can get a 2003 out of Mercury Grand Marquis, they're prolly the best since those cars tend to be driven nice their whole lives.

The big thing you need to re-use from your 95 tranny is the TCC solenoid - they went to a different impedance after 1996-. I guess you were told a 1998 because they have the mechanical diode while the previous years don't. There have been several improvements over the years, check this thread: http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=137902

Members online

No members online now.
Back