95 mark8 performance parts?

gt95coupe

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello mark8 experts I am an LS guy who knows very little about the 8 and was wondering about the 95 mark8 I came across that model a week or so ago by a little old lady was buying a new LS but the dealerhip didnt want to give her anything for it. the car has only 76k and shes asking 3900 for it is this a good year? But most importantly I WANT PERFORMANCE and i know it has the 4cam 4.6 but is it detuned? Are there cams, supercharger/turbo kits availble or am I stuck kind of like the LS

gt95coupe said:
the car has only 76k and shes asking 3900 for it is this a good year? But most importantly I WANT PERFORMANCE and i know it has the 4cam 4.6 but is it detuned? Are there cams, supercharger/turbo kits availble or am I stuck kind of like the LS

You are going to get more performance out of the Mark VIII and you will be able to mod the Mark VIII a lot easier than the LS, just look under the hood of an LS... Where is there room for any mods. And Yes Quick did a very nice job on his LS..

$3900 is top dollar for the 95 Mark VIII. This is what makes Mark VIII's nice. They have no value (except to us Mark VIII owners) Miles are low but I see if I could get her down yet another $500. Also after spending $10K for your next LS and instead spend between $3K to $4k for your Mark VIII you have a lot of money left for mods.

The 95 is considered the slowest year for the Gen 1 Mark VIII's but the Terminator is a 95 Mark VIII so with some mods!! And when I say slower it's not by much...

SuperCoupe007 said:
I am curious, why is it that the Gen 1's will outrun Gen 2's ???? :confused:
Thanks...

Additional weight comes to mind. The intake manifold on the Gen-II kinda sucks, too. I think Ford also calmed down on the shifting on the Gen-II's to pevent all the breakdowns they were having with the early 4R70W's.

All I can say is, I've driven both- and although I was a staunch, hardcore Gen-II lover, I have to admit that the Gen-I is more responsive throughout the powerband in comparison to the Gen-II...

Mark 8 Far Superior To Ls. The Ls Engine Must Be Made Of C-4 Because My Pops Had 3 In 8 Months, Never Got More Than 5700 Miles Before Nasa Called About The Explosions. It Also Is A Smaller 32 Valve, I Beleive A 4 Litre Or 4.2?? Not Exactly Sure But Smaller Than Marks.

I Would Buy From Florida On Autotrader. Like 30% Of Florida Has 1 Foot In The Grave, And They Bought Mark 8's And Some Die Or Get Cataracts Like Bull Nutz And Cant Drive No Mo !! I See Them Go For 1/2 There, Bought My Other 95 With 17,000 Miles From An Antique Human For $3750. I Got A Steal And Had It Semi Trucked To Vegas, But Routinely See Them 20-27k Miles For Under 6k$

Members online

No members online now.
Back