95 lincoln dash air vent dont work

guy64

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey they stopped working what do i do any pictures diagrams of what to look for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how to fix it!!!!

hey they stopped working what do i do any pictures diagrams of what to look for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how to fix it!!!!

Did they just stop working or do they work when you start the car but then stop and switch to defrost?? I ask because my 97 had an issue where they'd start with the car but cut off and switch and after some digging found it was a loose hose above the glovebox

and with most fords when the air only blows from the defrost, its considered a "fail safe" so you can at least defrost your window, check for vac to your heater control panel with the car running, it will only be one hose usually black

and with most fords when the air only blows from the defrost, its considered a "fail safe" so you can at least defrost your window, check for vac to your heater control panel with the car running, it will only be one hose usually black

your talking about the where i turn the ac on and the heater there is a black hose going there some where

Did they just stop working or do they work when you start the car but then stop and switch to defrost?? I ask because my 97 had an issue where they'd start with the car but cut off and switch and after some digging found it was a loose hose above the glovebox

defrost work floor work just no dash vents:(

the vent dont work on or off:confused:

your talking about the where i turn the ac on and the heater there is a black hose going there some where

yup, theres about 5 going to the back of the control, but only one feeds it. there should be a self test too, i cant access fords site from this computer, try digging around on here (look under markviii's too, similar control aka HVAC)

yup, theres about 5 going to the back of the control, but only one feeds it. there should be a self test too, i cant access fords site from this computer, try digging around on here (look under markviii's too, similar control aka HVAC)

well i found a yellow vacum line coming out of the control and the other end is not connected to anyhing but when i turn the ac on it suck air when i turn the floor on it stops but where oh where does it go or does it????

well i found a yellow vacum line coming out of the control and the other end is not connected to anyhing but when i turn the ac on it suck air when i turn the floor on it stops but where oh where does it go or does it????

If you can feel air out of the hose or suction take a flash light and look to see if you see anything around it that it plugs into. When my vents quick working I was told that I should take off the glove box and look around with a flash light, I found a loose hose (I believe mine was black but it was sometime ago so I'm not sure) and after 15 mins of looking I located what it plugged into and voila! I've had air back ever since :D

Hope that helps

If you can feel air out of the hose or suction take a flash light and look to see if you see anything around it that it plugs into. When my vents quick working I was told that I should take off the glove box and look around with a flash light, I found a loose hose (I believe mine was black but it was sometime ago so I'm not sure) and after 15 mins of looking I located what it plugged into and voila! I've had air back ever since :D

Hope that helps

found hose cant find where it goes no voila yet but hopefully soon

Not sure about your 95 Conti, but on my 93 Mark the yellow pipe goes from the EATC to the panel register vacuum motor.

If you get a vacuum pump, you can connect it to the pipes at the EATC and test each one, then you will know what color pipe operates what motor.

Edit: Realized its for a Conti.

Man, my Chilton manual really gives me a headache! Really need to throw it away...

Anyway, after looking through all the EATC vacuum diagrams for multiple Lincolns, this seems to be right:

RED: Full floor.

BLUE: Partial floor/defrost.

YELLOW: Panel.

WHITE: Recirculate.

BLACK: Supply.

Please note: Only the functions of the Blue / yellow pipes change, i.e. in some models they are opposites, but all other color functions are the same.

So, your loose yellow pipe could be for the panel motor or possibly the partial floor/defrost.

i spoke with him earlier 93, hes just gotta find the vac motor or extension hose that it attaches to. not sure where the vent motor is...

yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo i found it the yellow hose connects with the silver motor right above the glove box to the right it was a tight job but i got it up there and im so cool now:) thanks for all the help till next time:p

Members online

No members online now.
Back