'95 Continental Heated Seat

netsurfer321

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just got a '95 continental as a first car. My question: it is equipped with heated seats, but only the passengers works. They are on the same fuse, and I checked all the connections under the seat. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

i have been told the the wiring for the seats in that year was falty for the heater to the seat man but not shure
but have heard that

my driver side bottom heater doesn't work but only the back on is needed and plus I live in florida so ireally don't need it. I am going to check my connections. I didn't thought about that

im guessing that that car wasnt bought in florida couse it has heated seats wow why would someone in florida buy a car new with heated seats Man

it was bought in New Hampshire but stayed there for a short period of time an came to FL

the wires in the seat cushions themselves are very thin.after repetitive flexing they break.you can trace it and mend the break,but it is a pita imho.
john

yo that what i was thining man not the wires form the control to the seat but what he sed i knew somthing like that man

Thanks guys, ill check, it might be broken, but its weird, cuz u said the cushion ones break from constant flexing, but the whole seat doesnt heat at all... weird huh

just keep us informed any other help not problem just ask

netsurfer321 said:
John, where should I look for a break? do i have to remove the seat?

yes
the break is most likely in the seat,but it might still be the main harness or a fuse.

to remove the seat take out the for bolts from the tracks,tilt the seat to unplug the wire harness.once you have it out use an ohm meter to check continuity on the seat wires.also check the main harness to make sure power is going to the seat with the switch on.
john

Members online

No members online now.
Back