94 Mark for sale

steve_sierz

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have to get rid of m mark. I need the money for school and other bills that I have to pay. The body is kind of rough but other than that, it is in good shape for a 94. It has 93,000 miles and the transmission only has 15,000 miles on a rebuild. I did replace the front suspension with coil overs. the rear bags a re fine. I was going to replace them, but didnt have the money at the time. Im looking to get $2500-$3000 out of it, but i dont think i will be able to. If someone ofers me the right amount its theres. I need to get rid of it fast becasue i have bills to pay. Email me and i will send you all the pictures you want.

I honestly think you will be lucky to get a grand for it. It needs pretty extensive body work.

scott9050 said:
I honestly think you will be lucky to get a grand for it. It needs pretty extensive body work.
i have seen cars that needed more go for around $2000. i could part it out for more than a grand

steve_sierz said:
i have seen cars that needed more go for around $2000. i could part it out for more than a grand

but you need to get rid of it quick, you dont have that luxury.

MrWilson said:
but you need to get rid of it quick, you dont have that luxury.
i know that, i was just sayng that i could get more than a grand if i did part it out. i dont see why i cant get $2000 for it. i have a car dealer interested in it. i have to take it down there when he calls me back.

steve_sierz said:
i know that, i was just sayng that i could get more than a grand if i did part it out. i dont see why i cant get $2000 for it. i have a car dealer interested in it. i have to take it down there when he calls me back.

you dont see why you cant get 2k? You do have eyes dontcha? If you get 2k for that, i better get 12k for mine!

Rent A Wreck

Honestly dude, they are telling you the truth, that thing is a mess. I can buy recoveries for $800 each that are in better shape than that.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but $2000 might be a tad high. Actually more than a tad.

You'll never get $1000 for that car. We took in a trade at work, same color but MUCH better shape for $800.
I'll give you $20 for the grille and chrome strip above it.
I got my Mark for $00, when my mother bought an Explorer, she said the stealership offered he $1500 in trade. The wheels were about to fall off of my Contour, so the timing was perfect...it ended up in my hands.
I have so far spent about $500 on it, and I have about $300 to $400 more that i need til I get it where I want it..

i just went to the car dealer and he said that he would give me $2500 on it for a trade. He also said the he would consider giving $1500-$1750 for it cash. i have to figure out if ill get rid of the mark and my truck and get something else, or just sell the mark.

Run...........

steve_sierz said:
i just went to the car dealer and he said that he would give me $2500 on it for a trade. He also said the he would consider giving $1500-$1750 for it cash. i have to figure out if ill get rid of the mark and my truck and get something else, or just sell the mark.

Take the money and run. I have seen much better looking Mark VIII's on e-bay go for that price. Not trying to put down your ride, but that car is beat.

steve_sierz said:

I know where I can get one with a replaced engine with lower miles for $800 right now. I paid $1300 for my 94 in much better shape than yours, and I turned down a 88,000 mile 93 for $1400 just because the air ride was going out (I now know was a cheap fix). I only paid $1800 for my 96 and it had a mint interior and just a bit of primer on the passenger side door and ran mint. I've already parted out a Mark VIII, and it takes time if you are doing it alone.

i have decided to keep the mark and start parting it out as soon as i get my truck fixed. then as soon as i get some money saved up im going to put the engine from the mark in my 57 F250. if anyone wants parts just pm me and ill let you know when i start parting it out.

One just sold on Ebay for $560 with a dent behind the 1/4 panel and a cooling fan that did not work. Other than that, it was in good shape with 100,000 miles and a 65,000 mile engine.

Needs work, I keep discovering more things that is needs. It's turning into a money pit. I do like it, I am just frustrated. I guess it is just part of owning an 11 year old car. I am tired of working on cars.

scott9050 said:
One just sold on Ebay for $560 with a dent behind the 1/4 panel and a cooling fan that did not work. Other than that, it was in good shape with 100,000 miles and a 65,000 mile engine.

I saw that one,It also said if you read close it overheated once.These cars are worth more then this.Especially if you part them out.he can keep that one for 560 since it overheated.I know in a few years the price will inflate as less and less of them are around.Morons with lead foots and no brains keep getting them and beating them to death.I will baby mine and sell it when the time is right

Chaoticbastard said:
I saw that one,It also said if you read close it overheated once.These cars are worth more then this.Especially if you part them out.he can keep that one for 560 since it overheated.I know in a few years the price will inflate as less and less of them are around.Morons with lead foots and no brains keep getting them and beating them to death.I will baby mine and sell it when the time is right

I talked to him a few times via e-mail and the car showed no signs of that problem (headgaskets) when he had it at his shop. He did a compression test to rule out headgaskets, we were starting to think it was a simple stuck stat. I almost bought it, but didn't want to risk it just in case.

bufordtpisser said:
Take the money and run. I have seen much better looking Mark VIII's on e-bay go for that price. Not trying to put down your ride, but that car is beat.

I'd have to agree. I paid $2500 for a 93 in lots better condition, only $3000 for the one in the pick.

I doubt you'd get over $1000 for anyon on this site. They know where to get good cars cheap.

If you think you can get $2000 I'd try eBay... Some there seem to go high.

The one I sold Scott want's that bad and I sold it for way under $2000.

If the dealer will give you $1750 cash take it and run! This is friendly advice and support not anyone trying to bash your Mark.

Good Luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back