94 mark 8 coolant crossover pipe

wch55

LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone had experience with trouble removing cap on crossover tube-appears it takes 1/4 sqaure drive to get it loose-even with 12 inch bar attached it wont come loose-how can i get it loose without breaking crossover tube-want to be able to fill system as per manual-only able to add at recovery tank-thanks for any help

If your fill tank never went bone dry, you should be fine. But if you have done any work, it has to come off to get the air outta there. I had to start it with a vise-grip/channel lock to get it loose. If there is no collant in there you can maybe heat it up to see if the seal cracks a little.

A new o-ring is a good idea and when you tighten it, tighten it just a little. You dont need much to make it seal right.

I had my friend weld a big washer-head nut onto it. It comes off everytime now! :D

thanks guys for the information-intresting to see others had same trouble

I took a small dremel bit, and opened the 1/4 square hole to a 3/8" square hole. Worked perfectly.

i am amazed at the knowledge and help i have gotten from the forum members-thanks

I ended up using vicegrips. I put a new o-ring and antisieze on it. Hopefully I will never have this problem again.

Both mine and my freinds came right off with very minimal effort. Is your cooling system rusted at all? Just currious as to why people have trouble getting them off. Maybe they were tightened too tight previously? Try using some anti seize on it so it will come loose again??? Good luck.

"Just currious as to why people have trouble getting them off. Maybe they were tightened too tight previously?"
I live in Massachusetts, rust is a problem here.

Members online

No members online now.
Back