93 Mark VIII in trouble

FDPuma

LVC Member
Reaction score
Have to pick my Mark 8 from the shop tonite. Mechanic says not worth fixing, but I have a few Chevy guys that are willing to help a Lincoln guy out. I think I may need a new motor. The Chevy guys seem to think I through the timing chain. My Lincoln just stopped running and the way home, no smoke or nothing. Just like the fuel pump stopped suppling gas. Later tried to start it and it ran REAL ROUGH, and had to keep the gas pedal down to keep it running. ANYONE HAVE A GOOD GUESS. I want to keep it. Please help.

If you've been changing your fluids regularly, I don't think it is the engine. Could be a multitude of things. how long have you had it?

I've had this car less that three years.

Still haven't got it home yet, the divorce thing is slowing me down. Didn't want to get it fixed to quick or she may have wanted it. But should have it this weekend. Also, don't have internest access at home, have to go to the library, not a bad deal though and get to spend more time with my daughter.

Just like the fuel pump stopped suppling gas. Later tried to start it and it ran REAL ROUGH, and had to keep the gas pedal down to keep it running.

Sounds like I've been saying this a lot lately but try your CATs. They might be clogged. Check the fuel pressure at the rail. You wouldn't be able to start that thing if you through the chain, all the timing would be way off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back