92 town car

ralph

burn
Reaction score
I just bought a 1992 town car with 160,000 on it, only cost me $700. Now i've got some questions about electrical problems. the first thing that worries me is that my cruise control doesnt work, but neither do my windshield wipers or my horn. Im thinking a short somewhere? Other then that it needs a new gas tank but it runs strong and has a rebuilt trans in it. Also anybody know where i can get a stock sub-woofer, mines blown and i also need a new windshield heater button. Oh yeah anybody know if i can use the gas tank out of anyother model ford?

The only thing I could tell you about your horn, wipers, and cruise contro would be to check the fuses. Make sure they're the right ones, or if there's even any in there. My cigarrete lighters wouldn't work because the wrong fuse was in it. Or it could be a short. l

Take it somewhere where you cn get the codes pulled and then go from there.

thats where it gets weird, im not geting any codes . I also noticed yesterday that when i unlock the doors with my keyless code it turns the radio on. I'm thinking its time to just start following wires to see where they go, it almost looks like the previous owner tried to re-wire somethings.

ralph said:
I just bought a 1992 town car with 160,000 on it, only cost me $700. Now i've got some questions about electrical problems. the first thing that worries me is that my cruise control doesnt work, but neither do my windshield wipers or my horn.

Multi-function switch on the steering column is most likely bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back