91 towncar and 94 towncar will most parts interchange?

mxlj

LVC Member
Reaction score
hello, have a 91 towncar cartier , found a cheap 94 towncar exec.for parts. will most parts interchange with these two models? window motors, seat motors, tranny etc. thanks.

I believe everything is pretty much the same.. There is something different about how the tranny bolts up to the motor in the 91's, so thats different.

I believe most cosmetic things interchange. The 91 has a 5.0 engine and the 94 has a 4.6.

Basically the 94 has a slightly redesigned face (headlights etc.) and I think that's about it apart from the engine.

I believe most cosmetic things interchange. The 91 has a 5.0 engine and the 94 has a 4.6.

Basically the 94 has a slightly redesigned face (headlights etc.) and I think that's about it apart from the engine.

No the 91 was the first year for the 4.6... Lincoln didnt change the nose until 95 either, 91-94 is the same car

No the 91 was the first year for the 4.6... Lincoln didnt change the nose until 95 either, 91-94 is the same car

Ah yes you are correct. I get myself mixed up for when they did the new engine deal. There was however still a minor change to the front styling of the car in 93 and went thru til 94.

Ah yes you are correct. I get myself mixed up for when they did the new engine deal. There was however still a minor change to the front styling of the car in 93 and went thru til 94.

The only change to the front end of these cars was the design used in the center section of the grill. For all intents and purposes, these cars are the same and everything bolts on and fits the same.

thank you all very much, im going to pick up the 94 then.

The wood trim will be different i think the 91 will have the light wood and the 94 will have dark but not that big of a deal.

the 91 was was the first time they used the 4.6L 2v in any vehicle. also if you look hard enough, you can find one of these early 4.6L blocks that feature a 302/5.0 bell-housing bolt pattern.:D

91 transmission is unique. 92 -94 are the same. You may also run into a front brake issue depnding on the build dates. There were some minor changes in calipers between 91-94. Otherwise most everything else is interchangeable.

Members online

No members online now.
Back