91 Town Car

gradymotorco1

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, sorry I've been gone for so long, but work has been tough. I am looking at a 91 Town Car, good shape, 4.6, White w/ Gray Leather, Signature, only needs a new windshield and a new driver door glass. Never been much for glasswork, is it very hard to install or pretty easy?

Thanks, Dave

The door glass should be a fairly easy replacement. The windshield; let the pros handle it.

I had the windsheild replaced in my 1990 TC, it is best for the pros to handle it. The driver side window can be done by yourself. I love the 1991 Town Car first year of the 4.6. My 1990 had the 5.0.

Ok, I'll let a bodyshop guy I know do the windshield, but where is a good place to find some basic info on door panel removal, etc. for this body style t/c. My ford manuals only go up to 89, and of course the body changed in 90.
Also the car needs an A/C Compressor. Does all of this make it sound like too much trouble or is it worth the time involved.

Thanks, Dave

For a 1991 its seems to be in good condition, the only thing that you need to watch is the air ride. Other than that a new AC compressor is something that goes on all cars. How does the engine run? Looks like most of it is cosmetic problems like the windows. The AC compressor would go in a 15 year old car. As long as she runs good, and the air ride is in good condition you should not have too many problems.

Well the body is pretty good, a few minor dents here and there. The guy wasn't there when I saw it on saturday, and I am suppose to meet him to hear it run tomorrow. Air Ride has been changed out for springs, interior is OK. All and all for the price it sounds pretty good.

Thanks, Dave

Members online

No members online now.
Back