91 Town Car Dual Exhaust

pepperman

The Real Deal
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 91 Town Cars were true dual exhaust, because i am thinking of putting a dual exhaust system on my 91, any opinions on which mufflers i should use, info would be greatly appreciated.

Are you asking if they had dual exhausts? cause i dont think they put dual exhausts on TC's until 94

Yeah that is what i am asking , i have looked under my car and it looks like i could put a dual exhaust system in. what would i need to put one in.

pepperman said:
Yeah that is what i am asking , i have looked under my car and it looks like i could put a dual exhaust system in. what would i need to put one in.

I was gonna get one put in on my 90 TC and they were gonna charge me 350$ for a full flowmaster system from the cats back.... but i knew the people, 91 has a different engine but if they put dual exhausts on the same engine in the 94's im sure you could... do you want to put it in yourself? or do you want to have a shop put it in?

Probably have a shop do it , i have a friend that does exhaust sustems.

In 1991 they did not offer a dual exhaust stock, they started offering them as an option in 1992, and they were standard in 1994, 1995, and 1996. They were dropped on all but the Cartier in 1997.

If you want an aftermarket exhaust, check out your trusted exhaust shop and see what they can get. See if you can do the work yourself, I bought a hi-po all stainless steel exhaust for my Triumph and on a 32 year old car it took me about 3 hours to do.

My brother has a 94 TC with factory dual exhaust and my 91 has a single exhaust.

On both cars, the pipes are identical back past the converters. My 91 has a "Y" pipe that collects on the right side of the car and goes into the muffler and stratight back to the tailpipe.

My brother's 94 has an "H" pipe that boltes exactly whee my "Y" pipe bolts on...then he has true duals going back...

THe local muffler shop can diplicate the 94 exhaust on my 91 for $300, and it will be the exact same dual exhaust as the facotry had in 94...

My brother has a 94 TC with factory dual exhaust and my 91 has a single exhaust.

On both cars, the pipes are identical back past the converters. My 91 has a "Y" pipe that collects on the right side of the car and goes into the muffler and stratight back to the tailpipe.

My brother's 94 has an "H" pipe that boltes exactly whee my "Y" pipe bolts on...then he has true duals going back...

THe local muffler shop can diplicate the 94 exhaust on my 91 for $300, and it will be the exact same dual exhaust as the facotry had in 94...

Wow Thread Ressurection, thanks for the advice.

When I worked at napa a few years back you could order everything to do the left side of the H pipe on back.

The factory dual exhaust systems are true-duals, using an H-pipe and 2" o/d piping. The '92+ systems are t409 stainless steel.

Also, the Cartier was not the only 97 to have duals. The 97 Signature ride control package had dual exhaust.

Put an H-pipe with Flow 40's on mine.

Need to say it sounds bitchin'!

:D Try to fit it!!

?? Flow 40's ya ... spend cash for a Name on a muffler, wait a sticker also.

How old are you pepper? over 30 old ask for at mufflers with least 2 baffles no less .
I've been doing some work for a guy who owns a local Muffler shop. last few weeks he's also a K&N distributor

?? Flow 40's ya ... spend cash for a Name on a muffler, wait a sticker also.

How old are you pepper? over 30 old ask for at mufflers with least 2 baffles no less .
I've been doing some work for a guy who owns a local Muffler shop. last few weeks he's also a K&N distributor

I am 46, i am hoping to put the dual exhaust on my TC in the next month or so. :D

You might learn from my mistake(s) if quiet is a concern. When my exhaust needed attention, I figured I'd "do it right" and ordered the whole dual exhaust, including cats, from Rock Auto. Bought the entire Walker system including resonators for a great price, although it was still a lot of money. Had it installed locally, and was immediately disappointed by how loud it was. Ended up sending the mufflers back to Rock Auto, and received a $50.00 refund from Walker.

I had a couple Goerlich mufflers installed, but they're only a bit better. I'm still not happy with the noise. The OEM mufflers cost a fortune, and are discontinued anyway. I'd sure like to know what to do to quiet this thing down to the original sound!

My very basic 90 TC had duals - true with H pipe and cats from new. I swear! It was black with red cloth interior - quite the pimp mobile. The radio that came out of it was the one I sent to you a couple years ago Pep.

Never had to replace anything but the friggin H pipe - did that twice rest of the system was fine till I sold her to get my Mark VIII three years ago.

Members online

Back