91 SLS power door locks and alarm problems

ERSE

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 91 SLS in good condition but has two problems.
1, The previous owner had the alarm system deactivated - he did now know how- and I want to reactivate it, any suggestions on how to get it working again.
2, The power door locks have problems:
a) The door key operates only the driver's door lock
b) the shift lever from park to drive/reverse does not lock/unlock any of the doors.

I have another SLS and am familiar with their operation, and I also have the cadillac Seville shop manual for 1991.

Suggestions welcome
EPM

The functions that your having problems with are directly related to the alarm system. I'm not sure where to point youi but when the alarm system gets fixed the locks will also work.

I had the exact same issue in my Fleetwood once and it was the sensor in the door latch, which tell the car whether the door is closed or open. The car thought the door was open so none of that stuff worked.

ERSE said:
I recently purchased a 91 SLS in good condition but has two problems.
1, The previous owner had the alarm system deactivated - he did now know how- and I want to reactivate it, any suggestions on how to get it working again.
2, The power door locks have problems:
a) The door key operates only the driver's door lock
b) the shift lever from park to drive/reverse does not lock/unlock any of the doors.

I have another SLS and am familiar with their operation, and I also have the cadillac Seville shop manual for 1991.

Suggestions welcome
EPM

Members online

No members online now.
Back