90 TC vs. 94TC

gradymotorco1

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have decided to get another Lincoln, and this time I wanted to go with the 90-97 Body. I didn't want to spend much so I found these two for the same money=
1990 TC Signature
Blue with Tan Leather
Most options, but no CD, or Moonroof.
Has a leaking left air strut.

or

1994 TC Cartier
White with Blue Leather
200,000 miles
All of the options
Runs Great.

I really dont know a lot about the 4.6, but I called the local parts houses, and asked for the price of some parts for a 90 vs. a 94. Now this is at Garage Discount:

Alternator= 90 70.00, 94 110.00, Wires = 90 20.00, 94 39.00, L. Rad Hose=
90=14.90, 94 48.00

I wanted to know which one sounds the best to you guys.
Thanks

Only based on miles, the 90. A well maintained 5.0 will go for a good 200000. The 4.6 already has that, a good motor, but hard to say for how much longer.

If you do your own basic car stuff, the 90 should be easier to work on. Everything on the 5.0 is straight forward.

I would go for the 4.6... The last just as long, if not longer... 268K on mine, and still running strong... A lot of motor issues have to do with your general maintenance...

91-94 there were two chrome strips going around the perimeter of the body, with large headlights...

95-97 there was only 1 chrome strip around the perimeter, headlights are more ompact. I can't remember if it was only 96 & 96 that had the light bar across the rear, or if it was 97 as well...

Yeah, I have been leaning to the 90 but It has one little problem, the left passenger air suspension bag is leaking when the car is off. I talked to a friend at the local Ford Dealer, he said that the 90 could just have a set of 89 TC or 90-91 Crown Vic springs put under it, and that I didn't have to get the strutmasters springs. Any Thoughts?
Thanks, Dave

gradymotorco1 said:
Yeah, I have been leaning to the 90 but It has one little problem, the left passenger air suspension bag is leaking when the car is off. I talked to a friend at the local Ford Dealer, he said that the 90 could just have a set of 89 TC or 90-91 Crown Vic springs put under it, and that I didn't have to get the strutmasters springs. Any Thoughts?
Thanks, Dave

You should replace both since the other one may be just as bad as that one... Cost is around $200 to replace and 1-1/4 hrs to do by yourself.

As for the switch to springs, some people swear by it, others call it heretic. It's really a personal choice.

I switched my airbags with Arnotts(see link at right) 2 years ago, and have not had a problem...

I remember reading somewhere that the 1990 floated too much on the highway, and they redesigned the front suspension in 1991 to make it handle a little better.

Do the 1990's use the AOD?

92SedandeVille-TownCar94 said:
I remember reading somewhere that the 1990 floated too much on the highway, and they redesigned the front suspension in 1991 to make it handle a little better.

Do the 1990's use the AOD?

Yesin they do

That's why it's SO important to have a remote filter

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=9371&s=27528#content

and large external trans cooler

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=9371&s=27288#content

Sixlitre

Members online

No members online now.
Back