89 tc

gascap

New LVC Member
Reaction score
back doors will open from the inside but not outside, also how can i get the keyless entry code, the person i bought it from never knew it, or just forget, she was pretty old.

Will the doors open from the outside if you jerk the handle real hard? Also, does the handles feel like they are connected, or are they real loose? My 89TC does the exact same thing, but I haven't gotten to fixing it yet. I have fixed alot of Freightliners with similar problems and the usual fix is making the connecting rod between the handle and latch shorter or longer. On the TC's I think the case is that the rod is bending over time, reducing the length of travel, so, I figured that taking the panel off and straightning the rod would fix the problem. Like I said, I haven't tested this theory yet, but it may be something you would want to try.

If the keyless code is located in the same positon as a Mark series, open the trunk and look on the hinge. There should be a sticker with the code on it. Not sure if that holds true for a Town Car tho.

Try giving the door latch mechanism a good oiling. Its probably either the rod is bent or the retaining clip broke, but you might get lucky and they're just stuck.

gadget73 said:
If the keyless code is located in the same positon as a Mark series, open the trunk and look on the hinge. There should be a sticker with the code on it. Not sure if that holds true for a Town Car tho.

Try giving the door latch mechanism a good oiling. Its probably either the rod is bent or the retaining clip broke, but you might get lucky and they're just stuck.

yeah it should be on the trunk hinge

the key code is on the hinge inside of the trunk. and all you need to do to get the doors to work is to spray some wd-40 inside the door latch. it worked for my car!

Members online

No members online now.
Back