89 LTC Chrome trim

slamed87lincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
My lincoln used to have a maroon carriage top on it that had the Chrome trim that ran around the rear edge under the rear windshied and around the side of the car and stops at the rear doors on both sides.....I replaced the top with a white vinly but when i took of the chrome trim i messed up the long piece of the trim that goes under the rear window in front of the trunk lid....Im in need of that piece and the 2 pieces that the trim slides on to on both sides.....the trim for the sides also slides over the 2 small pieces to fill a space and to line the trim up....Anyone have any idea wherei can get these pieces? heres a pic just incase your not sure what i need

rear setup 3.jpg

Call Maxx at five star Ford, he is a vendor here, his add is just off to the right.

I would say try the local Junkyards man. Knowing Ford they probably will tell you they don't make that piece anymore. Since the car is so old now.

Best luck to ya. Time for some old fashioned scrap hunting.;)

Conti94 said:
I would say try the local Junkyards man. Knowing Ford they probably will tell you they don't make that piece anymore. Since the car is so old now.

Best luck to ya. Time for some old fashioned scrap hunting.;)

yeah....bad thing is all the junk yards in my area dont even have and towncars on hand...they crush them all....it wouldnt be a big deal if it were a normal landea top....but since i switched from the full cloth to a full vinly i dont know what im going to do now lol

The vinyl got the chrome? My black Vinyl got black trim pieces to match...? Maybe just as an option on the other colors...

Redwingvksm said:
The vinyl got the chrome? My black Vinyl got black trim pieces to match...? Maybe just as an option on the other colors...

Yeah the vinly came with color matching trim .....But my lincln from the factory had the full carriage top....and i have the chrome trim that goes around it....BUT when i removed it to put the new white vinly top on i messed up the pieces that the trim slid over...If you look at my pic of the car right in front of the Antenna you see the chrome trim..if you look close you see where the trim comes apart...i need the pieces that the chrome trim slides over....i would also like the long trim that goes under the window if i can find it

Members online

Back