87 TC stall ans spit on accerlation

jubylives

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an 87 TC. I've replaced so far. MAP sensor, TPS, plugs, wires, PIP and ignition module. It will idle but it will stammer for a sec and mostly it will catch itself. When I touch the gas it will studder bad and die. Just the slightest change in the throttle will kill it. Any ideas what i can do here next?

Jeremy

Check the Throttle positioning sensor (TPS) yet? Simple to replace, takes less than a minute. The opposite problem to yours that also indicates the TPS is going, is increaded idle that's noticed at stop lights when the vehicle needs a foot on the brake.

CHECK Idle speed control valve

I had a 85, 87 and 89,all with the same set up, generally when this behavior starts it can be blamed on the ISC valve attached to the throddle body, it has an electrical connector and wires attached. Go get a new ISC valve gasket, remove the connector, remove the valve and clean it with throddle body cleaner spray real good, but don't allow it to soak, hold it so the cleaner runs on the ground, clean out the area where the valve mounts, let it all dry and reassemble. It will do the trick, unless the valve is actually bad, then just get a new one. The other issue with these cars, The ERG system, tubes and valves get clogged up, when that happens, they run like crap! Try the ISC valve thing first though.:D

Members online

Back