84 Caddy radio acting up

NJDooWopper

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have an '84 Deville with the CB option installed on the radio. Anyways, when my grandpa and I were trying to figure out why the radio got horrible reception (turns out the antenna was disconnected - in the wheel well), we cut the CB wires figuring that might have been it. Now the radio somtimes (actually, most of the time) looses its presets and time whenever the car is started, or when going from ACC to ON. Any ideas? Other than that, its the best AM/FM radio I have heard.

That is the factory post radio correct???? Could be a bad ground or a poor quality contant/wire. Or the radio itself. Did the radio always do this, or is it all of the suden? Give us as much info as you can.

Pepsi2185 said:
That is the factory post radio correct???? Could be a bad ground or a poor quality contant/wire. Or the radio itself. Did the radio always do this, or is it all of the suden? Give us as much info as you can.

Its the origional Am/Fm cass. Delco radio. As for if it allways did it, I dont know. My grandfather bought it used 2 years ago, and 1 and a half we cut the CB wires. It did do this before we cut the CB wires, we didnt mess with any other wires. I'll have to check the ground next time I go to PA>

Also check your constant and ignition wires. Constant is the orange wire in the separate harness usually two pin. Accessory is yellow in the the lare harness. (There are two yellows, but the yellow you want is in the harness with tan, gray and black.

Members online

No members online now.
Back