81 TC tires

cdb

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if any larger size tire can be fitted to my 81 TC without clearance /rubbing problems. The stock size is 205/75R15 and this is printed on the silver tire/load capacity sticker in the pass. rear door opening. The stock size tires are currently on the car mounted on stock turbine alum. rims. They are mismatched pairs and just mediocre condition so I will be getting new tires. Any suggestions, and do I need to stay with the stock size ? They just appear to be a little undersized when I look at the car........Thx Craig

If you think the stock size is too small you could go with a 215 75 15. I think that would be perfect if you want a bigger tire. I think you could go up to a 225 75 15 without clearance problems but I could be wrong they might rub when turning but I don't think so.

Thanks for replies. I guess I will leave it all stock since I am putting car on the market anyway. Craig

i used to run 225/70/15's on my towncar, and my old 84 police vic, if your springs are ok, they wont rub it was the optional size from 84-91...........if youre gonna get new wheels, go with 16".........towncars handle much better with lower profile speed rated tires lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back