#8 Cylinder Misfire

PatrickSimmons

Photographer
Reaction score
Oh well, my turn to join in on the fun. Car just started missing last week and I already had a feeling it was coming. So I drove it to pretty hard the other day to get the CEL to come on. Took it to Autozone and they let me know that #8 Cylinder misfire/

Thank God for the 100% warranty. I called the dealership yesterday and they are going to replace them on Saturday for free :wrench

I wonder if there is anything else I should have them check while they are under there. Car has 97k miles on it.

Does anyone know of hand w/o having to refer to the manual for what needs to be done at 100k?

I wonder if there is anything else I should have them check while they are under there. Car has 97k miles on it.

Have them check the plug wells for oil. If there's oil seeping in, changing just the coil is only going to last so long, so have them change the valve cover gasket and plug well seals.

Have them check the plug wells for oil. If there's oil seeping in, changing just the coil is only going to last so long, so have them change the valve cover gasket and plug well seals.

Thanks so much. :Beer :gr_hail:

I totally forgot about the VCG and well seals. I'll be sure to tell them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back