8.8 rearend???

Thanx I'm looking forward to buying your XX pipe and mufflers in a couple of weeks. the car on that cat back commercial sounded great.

Dern Humpus said:
you need a 28 spline

If you're replacing the open carrier with a trac lok, you need a 28 spline. If you don't go trac lok, you're a fool and will sit on the line spinning the tires all day with 4.10s. You may want to get a carrier from a T-Bird/Cougar because they're IRS like our cars, but a regular carrier may work (I don't know the details I just pulled mine from a T-Bird to be sure.)

what yrs are we talking about?
i'd like to do something to my car too,like add alil power-umm more kick..lol kickin it up a knotch (lol))) but after i do some basic maintinance first... i got a 98 lsc se..im assuming it might be different from earlier yrs,cause the suspendtion is sportier..correct me if im right o wrong on this...

would say the trac-loc and gears out of a 4x4 ranger work in our cars? i havent done much reading on this but i think some 4 cly 4x4 came with trac-loc and 3.73's. that is the same thing im wanting to do i dont want 4.10's because i dont want to replace my drive shaft but these 3.08's gotta go. i want to keep some of my top end because a lot of my friends have bikes and we take sorta long trips on the interstate about once a month or so. as it is now we usuley cruse about 110-115 or so most of the time untill we hit traffic or if a friend in his bagged blazer goes we are down to about 75-80.

rice cooker said:
would say the trac-loc and gears out of a 4x4 ranger work in our cars? i havent done much reading on this but i think some 4 cly 4x4 came with trac-loc and 3.73's. that is the same thing im wanting to do i dont want 4.10's because i dont want to replace my drive shaft but these 3.08's gotta go. i want to keep some of my top end because a lot of my friends have bikes and we take sorta long trips on the interstate about once a month or so. as it is now we usuley cruse about 110-115 or so most of the time untill we hit traffic or if a friend in his bagged blazer goes we are down to about 75-80.

So what gears would you suggest?

MediumD said:
^^Yep the rear's the same, AFAIK the suspension is the same as well.

The suspension is slightly stiffer on the LSC models.

best would be a carrier from a 99 cobra. 28 splaine and trac-lok for IRS.

that being said....a carrier from a ranger will work just the axles wont lock in

What's the differences suspension wise between a LSC model and a Base model ?

Suspension tuning (anti-roll bars, and possibly shock valving) was firmer on the LSC models.

Members online

No members online now.
Back