75-100 Dry Shot??

Sikness

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive had nitrous on built motors and never went crazy with it and never had any negative effects. The LS is a stock motor and just needs a little more HP at times (and a rear end/gears lol) but i was wondering if a small dose of laughing gas would be alright on this motor/tranny. No more than 100hp DRY shot. I figure the transmissions are the weak point in the drive train and would prefer to not replace that anytime soon. I have 84k miles and it runs great as is but just sluggish compared to what im used to in my cars.

Spray Use

In expectation of finally installing the 'toughened' AJ 27 engine I'm slowly putting together, I've put in, and used, a 400 wet shot NX system including a stand-alone methanol fuel package. (See 'Land Speed LS' in the HP section). Although I've experimented with as much as a '150'/gasoline combo, I've only used 100 of N2O with the methanol.

You'll need to use an SCT tuner to boost line pressure and firm-up shifts. And I strongly suggest the use of a wet system.

KS

wet shot huh? this was just an idea of a halfway cheap way to get some power out of this without doing major modding and making it less streetable. 285hp just doesn't really cut it lol.

most stock fuel systems only have <25% range within their self-management - so they are not suited for dry systems. when you look at the stock bolt-ons from Holley, NX, ...etc they all recommend wet systems for modern EFI cars. The fuel pump can push it, just the returnless fuel system is not idea for a sharp spike in demand. It doesn't add much cost since you usually splice into the fuel line near the rail anyway.

I have experience with N20 in small block EFI Fords (fox mustangs), we sprayed big DRY shot but we also had big FPs and Injectors. I figured for just like a 75 shot that it would work alright on this thing. I will research WET spray more though.

go wet for sure. i think you'd be pressing your luck with a 50 dry shot on a car with any kind of mileage since injectors might not even be able to handle 25% overhead.

stock fuel pump should handle 100 just fine- mine did. use an xcal to look at the fuel pump duty cycle (double the reading... 45 would be 90% usage)

i would consider a progressive controller a necessity along with a new fuel filter.

dry wont work . you need the wet for the fuel. the ls will not compensate additional fuel on its on unless you have a custom tune for that purpose. i did this 8 years ago on my ls, its nothing new. wet works great, dry does nothing at all. run a colder plug with smaller gap and you can run up to 100 safely. ive done it on my v6. ran 80 shot for 5 years and more bottles than you can imagine

Members online

Back